Wanna learn more about me?

Click Here to go to my first blog!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

My CF "firsts"

We all have our "firsts" in life that we go through, for example our first car, a first girlfriend, first kiss, first bike, etc. But when you have Cystic Fibrosis, growing up our "firsts" are....well, a little different.

Some of the "firsts" a CFer may go through, are some firsts that maybe someone without CF won't experience until they are a lot older, or sometimes not at all!



Here are some of my CF "firsts"



MY FIRST,



Cough- At Birth (August 15, 1990)

Shot- 5 hours old

Sugery- 6 hours old

Antibiotic- (see first shot)

Halloween Costume (in hospital)- 2 months old

First Hickups- 3 months old

Diagnosis- 3 months old

CF Doctor- 3 months old (Dr. Sielhiemer) she's been in the business for 25+ years!

Case of Pneumonia- 4 months old (due to asperation)

Breathing Treatment- 4 months old

Day Home- 5 months, 1 week, and 2 days old

Check Up- 3 days after my first day home

PFT- 8 months old

Haircut- 1 year old

Dose of Pulmozyme- 2 years

Sibling- 3 years old (april 30, 1993)

Day of School- 5 years old (August 22, 1995)

Hospital Stay During the School Year- (August 29, 1995)

Graduation- 5 years old (delayed due to surgery)

Real Friend- Morgan Williams (1st Grade) '96

Dose of Tobi-8 years old (it was still in clinical trial stage)

Nasal Surgery- 11 years old

Vest Treatment- 12 years old

Make a Wish Trip- 18 years old (March 16, 2009)

Longest Hospital Stay- 18 years old (40 days)

CF walk- 18 years (may 16, 2009)



These are just a few of my "firsts" and if you have CF your "firsts" may look similar to this, and I would love to hear about them just leave me a comment and tell me what you think or if theres anything else I might have missed and I would be glad to post it up!



Heres a picture you might enjoy,



Its me when I was in the hospital April 30, 2009








Sometimes a hospital stay will bring out your crazy side;)

1 comment:

Lucy's mom said...

What did you get to do for you 'make a wish'?