Wanna learn more about me?

Click Here to go to my first blog!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wakey wakey eggs and.....Hamburger Meat??



Today a particular point was made to me, and it couldn't have been anymore clearer what I have to do.

When you have CF your gonna get sick, your gonna go into the hospital, your gonna go through tough times that many people may not ever understand.
But when you have all the tools necessary to prevent a problem and you still overlook them(meaning the tools) every day, and then one day you have a doctors appointment and your PFT's aren't as good as they should be, so you have to come in(meaning a hospital stay). So you get teary eyed, you start thinking "why me?" "my birthdays coming up next week and now I have to spend it in the hospital!" "why does everything bad have to happen to me?"

You wanna know why? You had the equipment needed to avoid these hospital stays and you know what you can do to prevent this from happening, yet you've ignored it for so long that it's too late.

When I realized this particular answer to a, what can seem like a hard question, I knew that, here I am coming up with solutions, and ways to help people with CF get rid of mucus, remember to take they're meds, and I'm the main one who IGNORES my medicines, "forgets" to do my treatments, and even ignores my own reasoning.

Now it's time to turn things around. From here on out I commit to doing my treatments when and how they are supposed to be done, No shortcuts! I know how some CFers(including me) like to try and pour out the last bit of Tobi, just so they can be done with it quicker. The road to hell as well as the road to sickness and disease is paved with SHORTCUTS!
Matthew 7:13-14 (The Message)
"Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires total attention.
I commit to not only this but to do my pills and get on my milk drip when I'm supposed to, NO EXCUSES!

Now, don't get me wrong I'm not saying, just because I will put in the time and effort needed to do all my treatments, pills, etc. on time doesn't mean that I will no longer get sick or never go into the hospital, It just means that I wont be at fault anymore, CF will.

By doing this I will post a daily Calorie counter which will tell everything I've eaten, the calories it has, the protein, my daily exercise, and the times I did my treatments...There will be an extended post at the bottom of each of my posts labeled NO EXCUSES, and this will track all my "to do's" of the day.

As well as provide my own personal information, I will also elaborate more on my scheduling system that I have configured over the years that really keeps me healthy and makes my PFT's go through the roof!(on my pft scale)

2 comments:

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

I hope you don't mind, I linked your blog to mine:)
M
PS. I love the name of your blog:)

Dan said...

Casey, your blog rocks, and your writing is very inspiring. My daughter has CF and I'll just say that I'm pulling for you, as well as other CFers I've met.

Thank you for taking your faith seriously. You rock my friend!