Wanna learn more about me?

Click Here to go to my first blog!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What do I do?

Today I woke up around 7am, but I didn't get out of bed until 10am. For some reason I felt sick today. Maybe its because I didn't get to bed until 2am this morning. Over the past week I've made some adjustments to my daily schedule, Instead of 2 Vest treatments a day I've been doing 4, Instead of 4500 calories I've been getting around 5600+ calories, and I've been exercising more than ever.

Unfortunately, my body is refusing to cooperate with me. My arms are sore, my chest is sore, and today I had some redness in my mucus. I don't want to push anything, so today I wont be doing any P90x:(

What I want to know from you guys is, what are some things I can do to keep the motivation?

What are some ways that I can keep my progress up?

What order do you guys do your meds, morning routine in?

Do you wake up, get a shower, treatments then exercise? or exercise, treatments then shower?

On a lighter note today I got to see LEELAND in concert at chic-fil-a, they were AWESOME! God is working in the hearts of people in Baytown tonight.
I got to get my picture taken with the DRUMMER from Leeland!! Not only is he the drummer of such an awesome band, he is also a good friend of mine and could be seen in our
Jesus Muzik video as Big Milky.

Here is the picture of us after the concert!

That's how my night went tonight, so if you would, please comment and let me know what I can do to improve my daily routine, or some ways you know to keep on schedule and tell my body "no! your not winning!! I will workout!!", There's no other way I can put it..

Thank you and God Bless!

-Casey Jones

6 comments:

Ronnie "Sickboy" Sharpe said...

I prefer to get a workout in before my morning treatments. I cough more crap out if I do that.

Being sore is normal. You've got to push through the pain my man!

Ronnie

Kellee said...

Hey
M does his exercise before any treatments.
1st thing is am pills then
he does Albuterol inhaler, advair inhaler, pulmozyme and then 7%. He puts the vest on after the pulmozyme. Sometimes if hes sore we will do hand cpt with the cup.

Sorry you feel bad today =(

Cystic Gal said...

I feel like we are in the CF twilight zone on these blogs this week. I just posted the same stuff on my blog!!! That's the THIRD topic this week that I wrote and then realized another bloggy wrote their post in a similar or the same topic.

Because my rehearsal schedule is changing Monday, I'm starting a morning exercise routine TOMORROW, so that I'll be sorta used to it by Monday. I am not looking forward to it, but I'm gonna do it!!

HA! Read my blog and tell me what you think.

Nights!
bp

Cystic Gal said...

I do want to add, not to be a mom or anything, that if you are having any pink in your mucus, you should be careful about going into such a drastic workout. You might want to phase it in. I know I know I know --you want to get in shape. But get enough exercise for your lungs and be SAFE, and then phase in your harder rougher workout stuff, okay?

Some exercises can encourage hemoptysis if you are actually increasing swelling in the central airways, or coughing very very hard for long bouts. Your tissue can get irritated and blood will rush to those areas and yadda yadda yadda consult your doc.

Focus on moving those airbags open and closed fully with regular cardio and dare-i-say YOGA, if you're having blood in the mucus!! Leave the Hulk Hogan stuff for the next streak-free day :)

With love, your blood in the cough guru, CG

Amanda said...

Hi Casey. Sounds like an impressive eating/exercising routine you have planned! I could never consume so many calories--my stomach would burst. Ha.

Anyway, not advising, just mentioning: I always do my vest/nebulizers first thing when I wake up (actually, while still laying in bed under my covers). Then I eat breakfast, and hop on my bike for my merry little ride to work. I've always done nebulizers/vest BEFORE exercising, because I perform better that way. (I used to run track and cross-country in high school/college and have done triathlons/bicycling since then, and it's a BIG training advantage for me to get my lungs feeling as "normal" and unobstructed as possible before a workout to get the most cardiovascular benefit.) Other CFers have different regimens they swear by where they exercise first, then vest/nebulizers. However, I'm convinced my great PFTs are related to my routine of vest-then-exercise.

Best of luck! Hope you enjoy the last month before college starts. Living in a dorm is a fun experience, even with CF.

Amanda

P.S. Do you go to the adult clinic in Houston or the children's? I'm at the adult clinic and love the doctor...

casey jones said...

Amanda,

I still go to the childrens hopital, because I've had the same doctor my whole life and I really dont want to change that, she's AWESOME! lol

And that is a good idea, that is also what I am trying today, I woke up got my treatments, ate a little breakfast just to keep me going.. and now I'm about to get my exercise on! so far it's great, I'm a big cougher on my treatments and during exercise so it works both ways for me.

That is very inspiring that you participate in triathalons!! I hope your doing well and hope to talk to you soon!