Wanna learn more about me?

Click Here to go to my first blog!

Monday, July 27, 2009

What Kind of Exercise Do You Like Best?

Today was a great day! I was able to get some good exercise in, eat a lot of food, and over all I feel really good!! I'm exited to see what my results are going to be for my next Doctor's appointment. I've got a really good feeling about it.

I want to share with you some of my views on exercise. There are 3 types of people when it comes to exercise,(well actually 4 when you count those of us who don't exercise at all) but for those of us who actually do exercise, there's 3 types.

The first type is people who like the indoor machines, the Treadmill, Tread climber, Elliptical, etc. You wanna get a good workout, with out getting outdoors, staying comfortable as well occupying your time with some T.V. or music from your favorite playlist.

The second, are the ones who like the out doors, the runners, sprinters, joggers, bike riders, etc.
You like the outdoors and a little bit of sunshine doesn't bother you at all. (this one's my favorite:))

And the third, you've probably already guessed by now are the people who like both outdoors and indoors...
You like being able to have options, if its raining outside you can always jump on the stationary bike or if its a great day outside you can go out there and enjoy your summer day!

I like to spend my exercise time outdoors, I like to feel the wind and just be...outside. One of the things I wanted to bring up is why I don't like using treadmills, stationary bikes, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I do like this equipment and it does help but it does have its weaknesses.

When your on the treadmill or stationary bike, you use one form of gravity, you use your legs to move your body UP and DOWN on the the pedals, or the treadmill. This is great and everything, but after a while your body will get used to it, and you will start to notice a decrease in improvement.
This is when you need to change it up a little bit, Go OUTSIDE! When you run, walk, sprint, ride, etc. OUTSIDE you use another type of gravity that actually PROPELS your body forward. This is great because it builds strength in your legs, stamina, and endurance. When you run on the treadmill you don't get the FORWARD motion that your body needs to build strength, this is something you can't get artificially. You have to go outside and do SOMETHING!

It is important for CFers to exercise daily in order to get the most out of your lungs and improve them. Let's put it this way, If my lung functions are at 70% and I don't exercise, It only takes about 20% to take a breath, so that's 50% that I don't use. After a while, when I try to use that other 50% I'll wonder why I'm so tired. Your lungs have to be used on a daily basis, everyone has their own activity level, and it's important to reach it daily that way you can increase lung function, and build up your energy(activity) level each day.

That's all I wanted to say for tonight, Just kinda give my thoughts on how I think exercise should be. Now all of this is strictly my opinion and how I feel about indoor home gym systems.

Thank you guys for reading, If you have any comments feel free to leave them! Hope you all have a great night! Thank you:)

-Casey Jones

NO EXCUSES!

FOOD:

Breakfast-
5 Scrambled eggs with ham & honey mustard- 1,370 Calories 56grams of Protein

Lunch-
Home Style Bakes Chicken and Mashed Potatoes- 850 Calories
1 box of butterscotch pudding- 660 Calories

Dinner-
Spaghetti- 650 calories
2 Ensure- 700 calories, 26grams of protien

6 Ensure(milk drip)- 2,100 calories 78grams of protein

Total Calories- 6,250
Total Protein- 160 grams

EXERCISE:

Today my goal was to go at least 3 miles on the bike, I only had 40 minutes of riding time in order to get back home in time to get my lunch out of the oven, but after about 2 miles, I was like, "this is cake!" and on the third mile I said, "one more" and on the fourth I said, "2 more", by the 5th mile it started raining and I had to go inside:( I wish I would have been able to get in one more!! It felt good today, I felt like my lungs were opening up more and I feel like my lung functions will be high next month if I keep this up!

TREATMENTS:

11:35- Albuterol & Vest
11:45- Hypertonic Saline(while on vest)
12:05- Pulmozyme
12:15- Colistine
12:35- Flovent

2:20- Albuterol(inhaler) & Pep

6:00- Albuterol & Vest

9:00- Albuterol & Vest
9:10- Hypertonic Saline(on vest)
9:30- Pulmozyme
9:40- Colistine



GOAL WEIGHT- 150lbs
CURRENT WEIGHT- 128.6

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Hey!
So im hooked on your blog!!
Totally love it!!

Do you like mac & cheese?
I saw you were trying to increased your weight and as you saw I have a "fat" cfer!!
Anyway if you do like mac & cheese I was gonna tell you how to make it triple in calories!! Add 1 can of cream of mushroom OR cream of chicken OR a can of each to it.

Sounds odd but it has SOOO many calories and M loves loves loves it!!

Ronnie "Sickboy" Sharpe said...

I'm a number 3 exerciser! I love mixing it up both inside and out...good job so far, keep it up!!!!!

Ronnie

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Can I just say I LOVE THE SONG "HOLD ON"!! I never heard it before! It brought tears to my eyes. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing it=)
I don't want to post this comment, b/c I want to keep hearing it;-) lol
M