Wanna learn more about me?

Click Here to go to my first blog!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A day off??? HA! I don't think so!

No Pictures or video today, sorry! PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY.

So Thursday night I posted the "Ugh" post, and that night after I posted it I began to pray to the Lord to show me something, to give me a reason to wake up in the morning, because I was really feeling down. I would wake up very late in the day and go to bed very late at night and I had no energy to do anything, and I didn't like it. So the next morning I woke up, GUESS WHAT TIME? 7:00am! That's AM! My cord to my pump came unhooked in the middle of the night so my Ensure leaked all over me and woke me up.

So there I was WANTING to wake up early, NEEDING a reason to get up....and I GOT IT! lol

The Lord works in mysterious ways!

Then I got up and did my treatments, did my chores, walked my dog, ALL BEFORE 12pm! Then later that afternoon I got a call from my cousin and she asked me if I wanted to go with her to "Cecil's Backyard" which is a man made hole in the ground filled with water, and a 20ft diving board, zipline, and slide. No one ever goes on the slide, now keep in mind, this isn't a slide that takes you all the way to the bottom...this slide is only about 4ft long and from then on it drops you.

Me being the "brave" one, I decided I was gonna slide down the slide, Bad Idea.(I will provide pictures and video as soon as I get them)

As soon as I got on the slide, my cousin tells me, "hey, hold your button! It might pop out when you hit the water!" And me being the stubborn one, didn't pay any attention to her. I slid down that slide and as soon as my body left that last hump, it was too late for me to hold anything, MY FACE and STOMACH hit the water at approx. 10mph. My button was gone.

Buttons don't float.

Cousins are right.

Don't go to Cecils.

These are 3 things I learned that day.

Another thing I learned that day was....
Something that has really been eating at me(and I found the answer to), was my question in the previous post, Why can't I just have a day off??
And what God was showing me through these series of unfortunate events was, The truth is...You don't get a day off! You have to do your treatments, pills, and exercise every day. CF is just another responsibility, you HAVE to take out the trash, you HAVE to feed the dog, you HAVE to do the dishes, even though you don't WANT to, you still HAVE to do it. Just like with CF, you HAVE to take care of yourself! God gave me 3 events that day showing me that CF is there, I can't ignore it, I can't take it away(he can, I can't) It's just another responsibility for me, and many others. We just have to continue on and count our blessings. CF is a blessing, it's not a curse. We are able to talk to SO MANY people because of CF, and get through to them. Where as others can not do that. We can use it as a tool to witness, to help people in need, to provide encouragement, I mean the list goes on and on.

The main thing God has shown me is to NEVER let yourself think you can't do something because of a minor set back called CF. Don't let that get in the way of what he can do for you, and what you can do for others. Don't sell yourself short, or think your not good enough.

I want everyone to know where I stand, and what I believe in. I want to see the lost saved. There is a very REAL place called heaven, and there is a very REAL place called hell, it's your choice to decide, Jesus is not your acquaintance, he's not your occasional savior, he's not your "Christmas and Easter" God, He's your almighty God, and he loves you no matter what. There is not a day that goes by that I wont thank him for the breath of life, that first breath in the morning, and the blessings he has poured out on my life.

I want to encourage EVERYONE to leave comments, I would love to hear your opinions, or stories of times when God has blessed you, It really encourages me and lifts my spirits when I hear about the things God has done in others lives. Thank you:)

[Oh, and P.S. My computer got hacked and someone stole my product key for my windows vista, now my computer doesn't work and I am using my moms until I can get it fixed, so I may not be able to update my blog EVERY day, but I will try. Thanks again.]

4 comments:

Dan said...

Dude, sorry about your computer! As a geek, that hurts my feelings, and I hope that your computer gets back up and running soon.

You know what, God has done some pretty amazing things in my life. Granted, I don't have CF, but as a father of a CF patient, I've already experienced some amazing things from God. My daughter is in almost prestine health. She's a little under weight, but her lungs are beautiful. She's active, she's good at taking her supplements/medicines/enzyms, and she has a good disposition at just the age of 3. So already God has blessed us.

Dan

Kellee said...

That was awesome!
Thanks for sharing that!
I cant imagine a life without knowing God. I always grew up in church and considered myself saved and prayed and so on and so forth but when I met M it changed so much. Before M my biggest upsets were not having the right shade of eye shadow to match my shirt then all of a sudden I loved and cared for someone that struggled to breath...what the heck did eye shadow mean anymore?? M his cf and his relationship with the Lord has taught me so so much. Metting him was truly a "turning" point for me and I am so very thankful!!

Hope you have a better day today!

einstein said...

Wow.. you prayed to God to give a reason to wake up in the morning, and your pray was blessed by Him.. You/ve got things to do.. =) You are so strong and can accept the your fate rasionally. You even can think beyond the God's will.I am amazed with ur spirit and please dont be so down.. Everything happens for a reason. And you knew it..

ashley meyers said...

That is sooo true, there have been sooo many times I've not wanted to have to do any of my CF stuff that day or few days, then everyone tells me its just somethin I gotta live with so get used to it now lol And God is Great and always finds a way to prove that nothing can be done without him!!!